Ylang Ylang essential oil is distilled from the flowers of the Ylang tree, which is native to the forests in islands of Java, Sumatra, Comoro and Philippines. Ylang Ylng along with Lavender has been one of the most commonly used oils in the Cosmetic and Perfume Industry for centuries. Apart from its wonderful aroma, Ylang Ylang essential oil offers numerous health benefits too; it helps in relaxation and calming the mind, its great for skin and treating hair fall and dandruff.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Tired of hair fall and dandruff? trying adding a few drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil along with Rosemary and Myrrh to coconut oil and massage your scalp with it. It a short time you will see a marked reduction in hair fall and dandruff. Remember when using essential oils for hair care to rinse with in 30 minutes of application.
- Ylang Ylang along with Myrrh essential oil can be mixed with Shea butter to manage extremely dry skin, especially during winters.
- Ylang Ylang is also very effective for treating minor skin irritations, wounds and burns. Just create pre-mix a solution by adding around 2 % of YlangYlng essential oil to coconut oil and keep it in your first aid kit.
- Inhaling the aroma of Ylang Ylang can be very beneficial for uplifting the mood and relaxation. So just add a few drops of the oil to your diffuser enjoy its fruity floral scent.
- Ylang Ylang along with Sandalwood have been known as one of the best natural aphrodisiacs. So could create your own massage oil by mixing Ylang Ylang and Sandalwood Oil to a carrier oil of your choice to increase your libido.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.