Peppermint essential oil is one of the most powerful essential oils provided by nature and hence has been in use since time immemorial. It provides multiple benefits for skin, hair and general health. As a scalp treatment, it stimulates microcirculation to boost hair growth while reducing dandruff. The cool, tingling action along with its anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory benefits relieve pain, cramps and makes for a great post sports or workout massage. Natural Menthol provides effective relief from respiratory issues such as nasal congestion, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and even the common cold and cough.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Peppermint essential oil mixed with Lavender essential oil in a carrier oil like coconut, is a must have in every household. This wonderful concoction can be used for following;
- Every person who enters the kitchen on regular basis, gets minor burns on and off. This wonderful home remedy comes very handy when such an accident happens.
- To manage minor skin rash / irritation causing itch.
- In case of a bee sting or insect bite just put a drop of this mixture to stop itching reduce swelling.
- Put a few drops of this mixture in water and give your pet a daily sponge bath, to give him relief from itch and in the process also improve his skin. Avoid eyes and mouth and open wounds.
- Mix a few drops of Eucalyptus and Peppermint essential oils in a carrier oil of your choice and viola you have a homemade vapor rub.
- Its anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties make it an ideal for a post workout massage. Mix few drops of peppermint oil along with eucalyptus oil and lavender oil with a carrier oil to sooth cramped muscles.
- Mix a few drops of Peppermint, Horsetail, Carrot seed and Rosemary Oil with coconut oil and you have a great hair oil ready to help boost hair growth and fight dandruff.
- Peppermint Oil can be used as a great bath oil to fight off body itch.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.