Citronella essential oil is another wonderful gift to mankind by mother nature. It not only has Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Fungal properties but, it also controls excessive oil in body and if used as a bath oil can help manage the problems associated with Oily Skin. Its strong lemon flavour makes it an ideal deodorant and room freshener. Citronella also helps in increasing blood circulation, and even improves the excretory system. Let’s not forget that it is also the best natural Insect Repellent.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Citronella is one of the best natural insect repellents, so just add a few drops of the essential oil to a base oil like coconut oil or olive oil and gently rub all over the exposed body parts to naturally combat the menace of Mosquitos.
- Adding a few drops of the oil to an oil diffuser would not only spread a sharp zingy aroma but also rid your surroundings of any mosquitos or flies.
- It is also considered as one of the best hair vitalizing tonics, add a few drops of this oil to your shampoo or hair oil and massage. It will add volume to your hair.
- In case you are someone who has an oily skin and suffer because of the same, Citronella is a boon for you. Just use it as a bath oil by adding 4 drops of Citronella in a bucket full of water.
- Citronella is said to have antiseptic properties. So, in case of an injury add a few drops of citronella to water and wash your wound or burn to disinfect the same and then rush to your doctor.
- People who are susceptible to getting UTI frequently should use Citronella as a bath oil on regular basis to keep their body naturally disinfected. Do not put more than 4 drops of citronella in full bucket of water, if using it on regular basis as it may cause dryness and itch.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.