Basil or Tulsi as popularly known in India is a very potent herb with numerous health benefits and perhaps that is why it has earned the nickname “Queen of herbs”. Basil leaves are mixed with tea regularly to treat cold and build immunity, but its essential oil has very high anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties as well. The health benefits of basil essential oil are manifold, including its ability to treat nausea, motion sickness, indigestion, constipation, respiratory problems, and diabetes. Basil oil is also a good source of Vitamin A, C & K, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, and Calcium.
How to use homemade concoctions:
- Known for its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, it makes a good sense to have this oil in the first aid kit. In case of an injury add a few drops of basil oil to water and wash your wound or burn to disinfect the same and then rush to your doctor.
- It is also a very good disinfectant so, just add a few drops of Basil oil and Camphor oil in your mop bucket and you have a great natural floor disinfectant.
- It has numerous benefits for skin so if you have an Acne problem, you can use it as a bath oil or also mix a few drops of Basil Oil in a carrier oil like Coconut and take a drop on cotton swab and rub it on the affected area.
- You can add a few drops of the oil in your shampoo and add lustre to your hair.
- Basil Oil can be a very effective for cleaning your kitchen. Just combine a few drop of Basil oil with water and put it in a spray bottle to disinfect your kitchen and keep bugs at bay.
Disclaimer: These are home remedies and not actual medical advice. Therefore, users are advised to see what works best for them and refer to a medical practitioner in case of severe symptoms. Pure Essential Oils are potent and some people can be allergic to them. In case of any symptom of allergic reaction to the oil, please discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before applying any essential oil.
- Always dilute essential oils with carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil for topical use.
- Store away from sunlight, ideally in temperatures ranging between 15*C – 25*C
- Keep away from children.
- For Topical Application and Aroma Purpose only. NOT TO BE INGESTED.
- Please consult a Naturalist / Doctor, before using essential oils for medical purposes.